Company profile

Herbert Grillo

Herbert GrilloWilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft was founded in  1919 as a subsidiary of Aktiengesellschaft für Zinkindustrie, formerly Wilhelm Grillo. Under the articles of association the activities ranged from trading in chemical products and raw materials to zinc semi-products.
In 1947 Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft, under the leadership of  Herbert Grillo, stood  at the beginning of a longer period of establishing an international nonferrous metal trading business.
Already in 1955 Grillo + Reisenberger was established in Vienna, Austria, and gradually developed to a leading trading company in the Austrian market. Today as a wholly owned subsidiary it bears the name Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft mbH. Metallschmelze Tattendorf in Tattendorf, Austria, also belongs to this company.

In 1958 Herbert Grillo acquired Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft from Grillo-Werke AG as sole owner. Since then the company was active under the name Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft, owner Herbert Grillo, until 1968 when the company changed its legal form into a limited commercial partnership. Herbert Grillo became general partner. His wife Marita Grillo and their children Gabriela and Rainer Grillo joined the company as limited partner.

Marita Grillo

Marita GrilloAfter the death of Herbert Grillo in 1983 his wife Marita Grillo adopted general liability of the company. In 1990 the company changed its legal form to a private limited liability company with Marita Grillo as managing shareholder.

After the death of Marita Grillo in 1993 her daughter Gabriela Grillo joined the company as managing shareholder. Since then the trading company has been solely owned by the siblings Gabriela and Rainer Grillo.

With the acquisition of a qualified majority stake in Grillo-Werke AG by the owners of our company in 1995 the close ties between the two Grillo companies became even closer, as it was always the intention of Herbert Grillo.

In 2003 Gabriela and Rainer Grillo established Grillo Handel Holding GmbH which became the sole owner of Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft mbH.
Grillo Handel Holding GmbH is wholly owned by Gabriela and Rainer Grillo.

History

1919 1919 Year of foundation of Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft as a subsidiary of today´s  Grillo-Werke AG.
1947 1947 Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft, managed by Herbert Grillo, is at the beginning of a longer period of establishing an international nonferrous metal trading business.
1955 1955 Grillo + Reisenberger GmbH is founded in Vienna. Metallschmelze Tattendorf GmbH in Tattendorf, Austria, also belongs to this company.
1958 1958 Herbert Grillo acquires Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft from Grillo-Werke AG as the sole owner.
1960 1960 The activities in the nonferrous metal scrap sector are concentrated in Grillo Altmetall GmbH.
1968 1968 Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft changes its legal form into a limited commercial partnership. Herbert Grillo becomes general partner. His wife Marita Grillo and their children Gabriela and Rainer Grillo join the company as limited partners.
1983 1983 After the death of Herbert Grillo, Marita Grillo adopts general liability of the company.
1990 1990 Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft becomes a private limited liability company.
1993 1993 After the death of her mother Marita Grillo, Gabriela Grillo joins the company as managing shareholder.
1995 With the acquisition of a qualified majority stake in Grillo-Werke AG by the owners of our company the close ties between the two Grillo companies became even closer, as it was always the intention of Herbert Grillo.
2003 Gabriela Grillo and Rainer Grillo establish Grillo Handel Holding GmbH which becomes the sole owner of Wilhelm Grillo Handelsgesellschaft mbH. Grillo Handel Holding GmbH itself is wholly owned by Gabriela and Rainer Grillo.
 
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
Ok